The mission and purpose of the SCF4VD is:
• To increase awareness of veterinary dentistry and
oral surgery within the veterinary student population
• To elevate the quality of, and increase opportunities
for, veterinary dental education at veterinary colleges
• To work cooperatively with other student
• To work cooperatively with the American Veterinary
Dental College (AVDC), Academy of Veterinary
Dentistry (AVD), Veterinary Dental Educator Group
(VDE), and the Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry
• To increase awareness of the F4VD and to
encourage continued membership of students after
enrollment into veterinary school
SCF4VD MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
The Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry (F4VD) invites students to become members of the Student Chapters of the F4VD with the following benefits:
• One (1) free set of the Compendium (Foundations plus Step by Steps Vol 1 & 2) for one student member
selected by that student chapter at each of the veterinary colleges.
• One (1) free set of the Compendium (Foundations plus Step by Steps Vol 1 & 2) provided to each
• A $500 first year and $250 second year stipend will be given to newly established student chapters.
• One Subscription to the Journal of Veterinary Dentistry (JVD) for each student chapter.
• Any monetary donations received by the F4VD in the name of the SCF4VD will be distributed to active
chapters whose rosters have been received by June 30th each year. The donations received each year will
be distributed totally to each chapter on an equal “per capita” basis by December 31st of the same year.
• Upon student request, conversion of SCF4VD memberships to F4VD membership at graduation,
including 2 free copies of the Journal of Veterinary Dentistry.
• All Veterinary Medical students can attend the annual Veterinary Dental Forum (www.VeterinaryDentalForum.com) for $75 (does not include cost of labs or CE form).
• All Veterinary Medical graduates can attend the annual Veterinary Dental Forum (www.VeterinaryDentalForum.com) for ~50% off the cost of regular registration for three years post graduation.